Looking for a new way to cook pork? Check out these delicious canned pork recipes! These recipes are easy to follow and will make your mouth water. Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy meal or something a little more fancy, we’ve got you covered. So, what are you waiting for? Get started on these amazing recipes today!
Table of Contents
What is canned pork?
Canned pork is a type of processed meat that has been cooked, canned and sealed in an airtight container. The product usually comes in the form of small cubes or chunks of pig meat, with added salt and other preservatives like nitrites to give it a longer shelf life.
Canned pork can be used as an ingredient in many recipes such as soups, stews and casseroles. It can also be eaten as a stand-alone product, either cold or heated. Canned pork is an affordable and convenient option for busy cooks looking for high-protein options.
Delicious Canned Pork Recipes
1. BBQ Pork Loaded Sweet Potato from keystonemeats.com.
This dish is perfect for a hearty weeknight dinner. Combine a can of Keystone Meats pork with sweet potatoes, barbecue sauce and spices to create an easy one-dish meal that’s sure to please the whole family.
To make this delicious meal, preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Wash and cut two large sweet potatoes into cubes and spread on a baking sheet. Drizzle them with olive oil, salt, pepper, chili powder and garlic powder. Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are tender and lightly browned.
Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain and rinse a can of Keystone Meats pork and add it to the skillet. Cook, stirring frequently, until it’s lightly browned and heated through.
Stir in 1/2 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 5 minutes or so, stirring occasionally.
To assemble the loaded sweet potatoes, spoon the pork and barbecue sauce into each of the cooked sweet potato halves. Top with a sprinkle of cheese and diced green onions. Place back in the oven for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve hot with a side of your favorite vegetables.
2. BBQ Pulled Pork Sweet Potato Hash from Suttons Daze.
This easy-to-make pulled pork sweet potato hash combines the smoky flavor of BBQ pork with the sweetness of sweet potatoes, creating a delicious meal that’s sure to be a hit.
To prepare this dish, start by heating two tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Once hot, add two cups of diced onions and cook for about five minutes, or until the onions are softened and beginning to brown.
Next, add two peeled and diced sweet potatoes, one can of drained and rinsed canned pork chunks, one cup of BBQ sauce, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
Reduce the heat to low and cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally until the potatoes are tender and the pork is warmed through.
Serve this dish with a side of your favorite greens, or just enjoy it as-is. For an extra flavor boost, top with shredded cheddar cheese and freshly chopped parsley.
3. Beef or Pork Taco USDA (Using Canned Meats) from Healthy School Recipes.
This taco recipe uses canned beef or pork, making it an incredibly easy and tasty meal for families on the go.
This recipe is ideal for school lunches, as it is loaded with protein, fiber, and essential vitamins and minerals that help keep kids healthy.
The USDA School Meals Initiative promotes this dish as part of a healthy school lunch menu.
To make this tasty dish, you will need:
- 1 can of lean roast beef or pork
- 1/4 cup of salsa, diced tomatoes, and green onions (optional)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 4 hard taco shells (or 8 soft shells)
- 1/2 cup low-fat cheese
- Shredded lettuce and diced avocado for garnish (optional)
- Empty the can of beef or pork into a medium sized bowl. Break up any large chunks with a fork.
- Add the taco seasoning mix, salsa, tomatoes and green onions and mix thoroughly until the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place 4 taco shells on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake according to package instructions, or until shells start to brown and crisp up.
- Spoon equal amounts of the canned beef or pork mixture into each taco shell and top with cheese.
- Heat in the oven for 5-7 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Remove tacos from oven and garnish with shredded lettuce, diced avocado, and a dollop of sour cream if desired (optional). Enjoy!
This taco recipe is simple to make and perfect for any occasion. With its balanced nutrition, it is sure to please everyone in the family!
4. Canned BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches from Thailand 1 Dollar Meals.
A delicious, budget-friendly meal perfect for any occasion. Start by draining the canned pork from its package and shredding it with two forks.
Place in a bowl and mix in your favorite BBQ sauce to taste. Heat up a skillet to medium heat and add in the shredded pork, stirring occasionally until it’s hot (about 8 minutes).
To make sandwiches, toast your favorite buns and layer on the BBQ pork with some coleslaw. Serve with pickles for an extra crunch. Enjoy!
5. Canned Stewed Pork With Potato from Yen Can Cook.
This recipe takes a classic canned pork product and gives it a twist by adding potatoes. This dish is easy to make and is sure to please the whole family.
To begin, you will need one can of stewed pork and two medium potatoes, diced. Drain the canned pork, reserving the liquid for later use.
In a large skillet, heat some oil over medium-high heat. Add the diced potatoes and cook until they are just starting to become tender, about 10 minutes.
Add the canned pork and stir to combine. Then add the reserved liquid from the can and bring the mixture to a boil.
Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are completely cooked. Serve hot with a side of fresh vegetables or a tossed salad, and you have a delicious and simple meal that is sure to please even the pickiest eater!
6. Cheat Treat Instant Noodles With Canned Pork Leg from peepor.net.
This is one of the simplest and quickest canned pork recipes you’ll find. All you need to do is open a can of pork leg, cook some instant noodles and mix it all together. If that isn’t easy enough for you, here’s the full recipe:
1 can of pork leg
1 pack of your favorite instant noodles
2 tablespoons of oil
Salt, pepper and other seasonings to taste.
- Open the can of pork leg and drain off the liquid. Put aside for later use.
- Heat up 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan over medium heat and add the pork leg. Cook for 3 minutes until lightly browned, stirring regularly.
- Add the instant noodles to the pan and stir together with the pork leg. Cook for 1 minute, then add the reserved liquid from earlier.
- Simmer for 5 minutes or until all of the liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally whilst seasoning with salt, pepper and any other seasonings you like.
- Serve the Cheat Treat Instant Noodles with Canned Pork Leg hot, topped with some fresh herbs for garnish. Enjoy!
This delicious dish is sure to satisfy your hunger in an instant. It’s also great for busy weeknights as it only takes about 10 minutes to make. So give this tasty canned pork recipe a try and you won’t be disappointed! It’s sure to become one of your favorites. Enjoy!
7. Crispy Pork & Rice from Fit men Cook.
This is a great meal idea if you’re looking for something easy and delicious. It only takes 30 minutes to make and the flavors combine perfectly.
The recipe calls for canned pork, cooked white rice, onion, garlic, bell pepper, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings.
To start off the dish you’ll want to cook the pork in a large skillet until it’s browned. Then add the onion, garlic and bell pepper to the pan and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Finally, stir in the cooked rice, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Cook everything together for around 10 minutes or until everything is nice and hot.
Serve up this delicious pork and rice dish with some steamed vegetables or a fresh salad. Enjoy!
8. Easy Creamy Crock Pot BBQ Pork from Recipes that crock.
This recipe calls for just five simple ingredients and can be cooked in your slow cooker. You’ll need a 2-3 pound pork roast, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce, 2 tablespoons of liquid smoke and one bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce.
To make the dish simply place the pork roast in the slow cooker and pour the BBQ sauce, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, and brown sugar over top.
Stir to combine and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4-5 hours. Once cooked through shred the pork roast with two forks into chunks then mix in additional BBQ sauce if desired. Serve on hamburger buns, over rice, or as a topping for baked potatoes. Enjoy!
9. Easy Green Bean with Canned Pork (Ma Ling) Stir Fry from Cookpad.com
This tasty and easy stir fry combines the classic Chinese canned pork dish, Ma Ling, with fresh green beans. The ingredients are simple to prepare and cook quickly. The result is a savory meal that is sure to please any palate.
- 1 can of Ma Ling Canned Pork
- 1/2 lb. of fresh green beans
- 1/4 cup of oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- Trim the ends off the green beans and discard any broken beans.
- Heat a large skillet or wok over medium heat, and add the vegetable oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the garlic and stir fry for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add in the green beans and stir fry for 2-3 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Add the canned pork and stir fry for 2 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Next, add in the oyster sauce and soy sauce, stirring to mix everything together.
- Finally, drizzle with sesame oil and cook for another minute or so to combine all the flavors.
- Serve the stir fry with steamed rice and enjoy!
This easy green bean and canned pork stir fry is a quick, delicious meal that can be prepared in no time. With its salty-savory flavor combination, it’s sure to become a family favorite. Enjoy!
10. Fried beehoon with canned pork from Dreamer Loft.
This delicious and easy-to-make Asian dish makes use of canned pork, making it a great meal to enjoy anytime.
Start off by heating some oil in a wok or pan. Once hot, add garlic and onions and let sauté until fragrant.
Then toss in the canned pork pieces and stir-fry for several minutes. Finally, add in some fried beehoon and a few tablespoons of oyster sauce and toss until everything is evenly incorporated.
Serve hot with fresh cucumber slices or other crunchy vegetable to enjoy an amazing meal!
11. Peppy Baked Beans from Seasons and Suppers.
This easy, tasty recipe uses canned pork and kidney beans, onion, garlic, ketchup, and mustard for a perfect side dish.
Simply mix all the ingredients together in an oven-safe dish and bake until heated through. This smoky-sweet side dish is sure to be a hit at any gathering!
If you don’t have pork on hand, you can substitute ground beef or turkey.
12. Polish Homemade Canned Pork from Polish Foodies.
Polish Foodies’ recipe for homemade canned pork is a delicious way to bring a bit of European flavor into your kitchen. This easy-to-follow recipe takes only two hours to prepare and will have you enjoying the bold, smoky flavors of Polish pork in no time!
First, gather all the ingredients that are needed. These include 1 pound of pork shoulder, 1 tablespoon of salt, 2 tablespoons of smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon black pepper, 3 cloves of garlic (minced) and 1 large onion (diced).
Once your ingredients have been gathered, the next step is to prepare the pork. Start by heating a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Once the skillet is hot, add in the pork and cook until browned on all sides. Once the pork has finished cooking, transfer it to a bowl or plate for later use.
Now that the pork is cooked, mix together the salt, paprika, pepper and garlic into a small bowl and set aside. Next, add the diced onion to the skillet and cook until softened, about 3-4 minutes. Once finished cooking, move the onions to a separate bowl.
It’s now time to assemble your homemade canned pork! Start by layering half of the cooked pork in a large canning jar. Sprinkle half of the spice mixture over top and then layer with the cooked onions. Add the remaining pork and top it off with the remaining spice mixture.
Once all of your ingredients are in place, close the lid and seal tightly. Place the jar in a large pot of boiling water and let simmer for 2 hours. Once finished, remove from heat, open lid and allow to cool completely before storing.
13. Pork and Pinto Bean Soup from Spark Recipes.
This easy and comforting soup is the perfect way to turn a can of pork into an amazing meal.
It combines pinto beans, green bell peppers, onion, garlic and spices in a savory tomato broth.
Serve with warm cornbread for a complete meal that comes together in no time.
14. Pork Burrito With Canned Meats from Child Nutrition Recipe Box.
This recipe for pork burritos with canned meats is sure to be a hit with the kids! The combination of canned pork, refried beans and Mexican seasonings creates a quick and easy meal that’s packed with flavor.
Serve these burritos with your favorite sides such as rice, salsa or guacamole. Kids and adults alike will love this flavorful meal.
To make the pork burritos you’ll need canned pork, refried beans, Mexican seasoning mix and 8-inch flour tortillas. Begin by heating the canned pork in a skillet over medium heat.
Once warmed through, stir in the refried beans and Mexican seasoning mix until everything is combined. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
To assemble the burritos, lay out the 8-inch flour tortillas on a flat surface and spoon about 1/4 cup of the pork mixture into each one.
Fold the sides up so that they meet in the center and then roll up tightly to form a burrito. Place the burritos in a preheated 350°F oven to heat through, about 8-10 minutes. Serve with your favorite accompaniments and enjoy!
15. Pulled Pork Chili from Crider Foods.
This dish is perfect for the cold winter months and is sure to have your family coming back for seconds. Start by preparing the chili ingredients of 1 can of diced tomatoes, 1 can of black beans, 1/2 cup diced onion, 2 cloves minced garlic, and 1 teaspoon cumin.
Heat a large pot over medium-high heat and add a tablespoon of olive oil. Add the diced onion, garlic, and cumin. Sauté for about three minutes until fragrant.
Then add the canned tomatoes, black beans, and a can of Crider Foods pork chunks (drained) to the pot. Stir it all together and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for about 15 minutes. Serve the chili with your favorite toppings such as shredded cheese, sour cream, diced onion, cilantro and a squeeze of lime. Enjoy!
16. Quick Hungarian Pork Stew from Jeni Gough.
This hearty stew is a simple, quick dish that’s sure to please. Browned pork cubes are simmered in a flavorful broth of onions, peppers and tomatoes combined with paprika and other spices for an authentic Hungarian flavor. Serve it over egg noodles or mashed potatoes for a complete meal.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cans (14.5 oz each) sliced potatoes, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) pork, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, red pepper and garlic, and cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the potatoes and pork to the pot, stirring to combine. Pour in the diced tomatoes with their juices, and season with paprika, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Bring the stew to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover the pot and cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over egg noodles or mashed potatoes. Enjoy!
17. Spicy Chili Pork And Beans With Bacon And Jalapeno from Booyah Buffet.
This hearty and delicious canned pork recipe is sure to please your family. Start with a can of chili pork and beans, add some crumbled bacon, diced jalapeno peppers, red onion, garlic powder and cumin for an extra kick of flavor.
Simmer everything together in a saucepan until the chili has thickened up nicely. Serve with your favorite side dishes such as cornbread, coleslaw or mac and cheese. This dish is sure to be a hit at any potluck or backyard barbecue! Enjoy!
18. Stewed Pork Cabbage Rice (Rice Cooker) from Delishar
This delicious pork cabbage rice recipe is easy to make and only requires a few ingredients. All you need is some canned pork, a head of cabbage, some cooked rice, and your trusty rice cooker!
Start by cutting the pork into small cubes, then add them to the bowl of your rice cooker with a tablespoon of oil. Next, cut the cabbage into small pieces and add it to the rice cooker. Then, add 2 cups of cooked rice and stir everything together.
Finally, fill your rice cooker with enough water to cover all the ingredients in the bowl (about 2-3 cups). Set your rice cooker on cook and let it do its magic!
How do you eat canned pork?
Canned pork can make a great meal. There are several ways to prepare and eat canned pork, depending on what you have available in your kitchen and how much time you have.
One of the simplest methods is to heat up the canned pork directly from the can. Simply open the top of the can, pour out any juice that may be present, and then place the opened can in a pot of boiling water.
Heat for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. When heated through, use a fork to flake apart the pork before serving with desired sides.
If you have more time available, one way to make canned pork even tastier is by slow-cooking it. Begin by pouring the canned pork and its contents into a slow cooker.
Add in any desired vegetables, any seasonings or sauces, and enough liquid to ensure that everything is well covered. Cook on low heat for 3-4 hours until all ingredients are cooked through and tender.
You can also prepare canned pork by baking it in an oven-safe dish. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Take a can of pork and use a fork to flake apart the meat into an oven-safe dish.
Add in any desired seasonings, vegetables, and sauces, then cover the dish with foil. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes or until everything is heated through and cooked to your desired doneness.
Is canned pork any good?
That is a question with an answer that depends on your particular tastes. Generally speaking, canned pork can taste quite good – especially when it is high-quality meat. It has a chewy texture and a salty flavor that makes it great for quick meals or snacks.
The biggest downside to canned pork is the sodium content, which can be very high in some brands.
When shopping for canned pork, look for low-sodium varieties or check the nutrition labels to compare sodium levels. Additionally, many people find that adding spices and flavorings can improve the taste of canned pork.
Can you eat canned pork and beans without cooking?
The answer is yes! Canned pork and beans are already cooked, so they can be eaten right out of the can. However, it’s important to note that many people prefer them heated as warming them up enhances the flavor.
If you choose to eat canned pork and beans without cooking, be sure to check the label for any special preparation instructions or warnings.
Additionally, it’s always a good idea to inspect the can for any signs of spoilage before consuming.
To heat canned pork and beans, simply transfer them to a saucepan on the stovetop or place them in an oven-safe dish and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10–12 minutes. Enjoy!
How do you thicken canned pork and beans?
One of the easiest ways to thicken canned pork and beans is by adding a roux. A roux is a combination of fat and flour that helps to thicken sauces, soups, and other liquids.
To make a roux for your canned pork and beans, start by melting butter or margarine in a saucepan over medium heat.
Once melted, add equal parts of all-purpose flour and cook until it turns a light brown color. Then stir in a cup or two of liquid from the canned pork and beans to create a thick paste.
Finally, pour the roux into the canned pork and beans and stir over medium heat until it reaches a desired consistency.
Canned pork recipes can be a great way to enjoy the convenience and flavor of pork without any of the hassle or mess. From simple dishes like canned pork with noodles to fully-flavored meals like barbecued pulled pork sandwiches, there’s something for every palate in this versatile meat choice.
With so many delicious options available, it’s easy to make a nutritious, delicious meal that’s sure to please the whole family.
Whether you opt for a simple canned pork dish or something more elaborate, you can be sure to enjoy the taste and convenience of this versatile meat choice. Bon Appetit!
- BBQ Pork Loaded Sweet Potato
- BBQ Pulled Pork Sweet Potato Hash
- Beef or Pork Taco USDA (Using Canned Meats)
- Canned BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- Canned Stewed Pork With Potato
- Cheat Treat Instant Noodles With Canned Pork Leg
- Crispy Pork & Rice
- Easy Creamy Crock Pot BBQ Pork
- Easy Green Bean with Canned Pork (Ma Ling) Stir Fry
- Fried beehoon with canned pork
- Peppy Baked Beans
- Polish Homemade Canned Pork
- Pork and Pinto Bean Soup
- Pork Burrito With Canned Meats
- Pulled Pork Chili
- Quick Hungarian Pork Stew
- Spicy Chili Pork And Beans With Bacon And Jalapeno
- Stewed Pork Cabbage Rice (Rice Cooker)
Pick a few of the recipes mentioned above