The art of cooking is about the act of connecting the flavors of the ingredients. The proper arrangement of flavors can make a meal a culinary delight. There’s one particular food that has many people confused; what goes best with a juicy steak?
Once you have a good steak, you have to decide what to do with it. Sides are an essential part of the meal, and this post will cover a few tasty sides that go perfectly with your delicious steak!
There is no better way to start this post than by introducing arguably the best side available. Potatoes and streak are meant to go together, and the best part is that there is a variety of methods you can utilize to get a different meal each time.
From roasts to a satisfying but straightforward baby potato side dish, you can choose whatever fits your mood.
Baby potatoes are a great choice, especially if you don’t have an oven to roast your potatoes because they can be cooked using various cooking utensils. For example, you can use an Instant Pot to make fluffy potatoes that will go down a treat.
- Olive oil
- 1 x Pound baby potatoes
- 1 and a half cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Turn your Instant Pot onto saute mode.
- Pour in olive oil and potatoes and allow to saute for 5 minutes.
- Pour in your water and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Release pressure and add your salt and pepper to your taste.
- Serve on a plate or in a serving bowl.
Garlic Butter Mushrooms
Garlic Butter Mushrooms are a great side to serve with almost any dish (and sauce). They are effortless to make, and you can use whatever type of mushroom you have on hand.
Many people use sauteing mushrooms in butter as a way to add flavor to mushrooms. But the best part about this recipe is that it’s straightforward and only takes about 15 minutes from start to finish.
- 2-4 x Garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/2 x cup butter
- 1 x teaspoon salt
- 8 x ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 x cup minced parsley (optional but adds a lighter flavor)
- Heat your pan and add the butter until melted.
- Add your mushrooms until slightly crispy and a beautiful brown.
- Add in your parsley and give a gentle stir.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
Cheesy Baked Asparagus
Asparagus is an exquisite side that pairs perfectly with a tender, juicy piece of steak. However, if you want to add extra texture to proceedings, you can opt for this cheesy version. Cheesy baked asparagus is an easy recipe that doesn’t require much effort but can be enjoyed with friends or family members as a quick meal on its own or as a side to several other dishes.
- 2 pounds x asparagus stalks
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 x cloves garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup x grated Parmesan
- 1 cup x grated mozzarella
- Preheat your oven to 400º.
- Asparagus should be layered in a baking dish with heavy cream and garlic and then top with heavy cream.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, then sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until the cheese is golden and bubbling slightly.
So there you have three excellent sides you can try with your steak dinner. They are all straightforward to cook, full of flavor, and paired with almost any meat you wish to eat.