It is a cliché to say it, but it’s true – we live in a crazy, fast-paced, and ever-accelerating world! This constant rush leaves little room for a person to look after their health because the three main ways of doing it (good food, good sleep, exercise) all require TIME.
Well, luckily some smart folks have figured out a way to eat healthy even when they don’t have enough minutes to prepare their meals three times a day. This great idea is called meal prep.
If you’re thinking: “Meal prep?! I’m not a bodybuilder!”, we urge you to bear with us as we will show you that this method of food preparation is not only for the fitness freaks anymore. An average, modern person could greatly benefit from adopting this practice, and what better way to start then focusing on the most important meal of the day – breakfast.
In today’s article, we will show you some simple breakfast meal prep ideas that will help you jumpstart your day and improve your health in the long run.
Why Meal Prep?
If you’re still wondering why you should prepare your meals in advance, let us try to convince you with a few more rock solid reasons.
Firstly, it will save you precious, precious time in the morning! So instead of rushing to fry your bacon and eggs, or whatever you like to eat, you can enjoy a slow-paced, relaxing morning at your home. Sipping a cup of coffee, reading the news, and not having to worry about making food sounds pretty nice, right?
The second and final reason, there is a good chance that you will choose a healthier breakfast since they are easy to prepare in bulk. You can’t really make pancakes for the whole week in advance, and that’s ok because, news-flash – they’re not so good for you! However, a nice salad or grilled chicken can easily be stored for multiple days.
Some Breakfast Meal Prep Ideas
This section contains a bulk of healthy, delicious recipes that are so simple to prepare that you won’t even believe it. But, it’s true, and that’s why you need to pick one right away and try it out this week or next week. The recipes significantly vary so if you decide to embark on this meal prep thing, know that you won’t be stuck with one boring meal each day.
1. Avocado, Eggs, And Rice
This recipe will provide you with breakfast for four days, and it’s so good that you’ll hardly ever get tired of it!
• 50 grams of white rice
• 6 large eggs
• 2 cloves of garlic
• 2 handfuls of kale
• 30 grams of parmesan
• 1 avocado
• 1 tablespoon of olive oil
1. Fill a pot with water and cook the rice according to the instructions on the package.
2. Place the eggs in a pot, cover them with water, bring to a boil, and cook for 5 minutes. They need to be hard-cooked.
3. Take a frying pan, add the oil and place it over medium heat.
4. Peel and mince the garlic cloves and add them to the pan. Stir and cook for about 1 minute.
5. Wash and chop the kale and add it to the pan. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Grate the parmesan over the vegetables.
7. Take four meal prep containers. Divide the cooked rice and kale equally into four parts.
8. Peel and halve the eggs, and put 3 halves into each container.
9. Peel, pit, and slice the avocado and divide the slices among the containers.
2. Oatmeal Cups
Those who have a sweet tooth will be thrilled to read this one. This is a sweet but healthy baked oatmeal cup recipe that’s so delicious that you’ll be looking forward to each morning just to have a bit of it!
• 250 grams of rolled oats
• ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
• ½ teaspoon of nutmeg
• 1 teaspoon of baking powder
• 2 eggs
• 1 banana
• 200 ml of milk
• 30 grams of coconut oil
• Cooking spray
• 30 ml of maple syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Combine the oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking powder into one big bowl.
3. In another bowl, crack the eggs, add 1 mashed banana, and maple syrup. Whisk until the mixture is smooth.
4. Whisk in the milk and the melted coconut oil.
5. Combine the wet and the dry ingredients. Stir well until the oats are completely covered.
6. Take a muffin tin and spray it with cooking spray.
7. Divide the mixture between 12 muffin molds and press it down so that the oats are covered in liquid.
8. Bake for about 30 minutes. The tops should be slightly brown.
9. Let the muffins cool and take them out of the molds.
3. Overnight Oats, With Peanut Butter And Banana
Oats are such a convenient breakfast food that we simply needed to include one more recipe into this list. This is probably the easiest-to-prepare so far, and all you need to do is [G9] buy the ingredients and get yourself a couple of mason jars. Let’s get to it.
• 50 grams of rolled oats
• 1 teaspoon of chia seeds
• 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
• 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
• 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
• 1/2 banana (finely chopped)
• 1/2 cups of almond milk
1. Take one mason jar and place all the ingredients in the same order as listed above.
2. Close the jar with a lid, and shake very well until all the ingredients are combined.
3. Place it in the refrigerator overnight.
4. Repeat the process as many times as you wish!
As you can see from these recipes, breakfast meal prep is super simple and takes very little time and effort, but it yields great returns. It will make you healthier, slimmer and happier – this is almost a guarantee. Do not stop at these three meal ideas; we hope that you will keep searching until you find something that perfectly suits your needs and wishes. Once you go prep, you never go back!